It’s go time, kids!
After extensive laboring and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, we have drawn the 15 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 11. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a Mix-Tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.
The pairings are as follows:
Ryan Z will be making a Mix for Carly C.
Mike H will be making a Mix for Jessi H.
Mike I will be making a Mix for Nilajah H.
Ben J will be making a Mix for Sam W.
Levi G will be making a Mix for Alissa O.
Corbin U will be making a Mix for Ryan Z.
Celia Z will be making a Mix for Levi G.
Sam W will be making a Mix for Rissa D.
Alissa O will be making a Mix for Jesse R.
Sherry J will be making a Mix for Corbin U.
Carly C will be making a Mix for Mike I.
Nilajah H will be making a Mix for Sherry J.
Rissa D will be making a Mix for Mike H.
Jessi H will be making a Mix for Ben J.
Jesse R will be making a Mix for Celia Z.
Wonderful. Here’s what we all do next:
1. I will be sending a Facebook message out to everyone today (6/11) in a group (you’re all friends with me already or on Messenger), reminding them who’s creating a Mix-Tape for whom. We’re doing this step through Messenger this time around; it’s quicker and cleaner than e-mail. If you have an issue with this for some reason or are having issues, just let me know and I’ll take care of it.
2. It will then be up to the recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address or best destination (depending on if you plan on physically mailing them a Mix or sending a streaming one). You can do this right in the FB group message I create, or you can contact them separately if you wish.
3. Once you get the mailing address (or relevant contact info) of the person you’re sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT!
I cannot stress this part enough: It’s an intimate group and everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, JUNE 25. If someone gets left out I’ll feel personally responsible, so please don’t make an ass out of me or I’ll publicly shame you here on the CDP.
4. Once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section or share on social media so we all know the status of everyone’s packages (if you’d like). Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved. I’ve been blown away time and time again by the amount of work and creativity that has gone into so many of the Mixes I’ve received over the years.
5. If you’re having a problem contacting anyone, have a question or anything else goes wrong, contact me any way you’d like and I’ll sort it out. I’m pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it’s taking a ludicrous amount of time.
6. I always mention this (and I’ll mention it again when I contact you), but if you’re looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as awesome as the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your Mix. My mailing address is as follows:
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
Any mixes that make it to CDP Headquarters will get a public thank you and are eligible for a SUPER SECRET AWESOME PRIZE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A SIGNED COPY OF MY NEW BOOK, NEON PINES MALL. Simple as that! Send one my way!
You should be receiving your instructional information by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner by MONDAY, JUNE 25!