It’s go time, kids!
After extensive laboring, uploading e-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 19 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 9. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a Mix-Tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.
The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a friend picked a number, and I eliminated the names, ‘MASH‘-style. I also made an effort to make sure you received a name you have never received before (or at least not for a couple of years).
1. THE CDP will be making a Mix for FIONA.
2. BENJAMIN will be making a Mix for NICOLE.
3. JT will be making a Mix for EMILY.
4. SMEDLEY will be making a Mix for BUBBA.
5. MIKE I. will be making a Mix for CARLY.
6. EPHLAND will be making a Mix for TJ.
7. MIKE H. will be making a Mix for SHERRY.
8. WALLROCK will be making a Mix for CELIA.
9. MIKE B. will be making a Mix for REESE.
10. BUBBA will be making a Mix for CAITLIN.
11. TJ will be making a Mix for MIKE B.
12. CELIA will be making a Mix for MIKE I.
13. SHERRY will be making a Mix for EPHLAND.
14. REESE will be making a Mix for SMEDLEY.
15. FIONA will be making a Mix for BENJAMIN.
16. EMILY will be making a Mix for JT.
17. CARLY will be making a Mix for THE CDP.
18. CAITLIN will be making a Mix for WALLROCK.
19. NICOLE will be making a Mix for MIKE H.
Wonderful. Here’s what we all do next:
1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone today (give me until later this evening), reminding them who’s creating a Mix-Tape for whom, and what that person’s e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:
“Ben, Ryan is making a Mix-Tape for you. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact him and give him your mailing address.“
2. It will then be up to the future recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address. For example:
“Ryan, it’s Ben. I’m looking forward to your mix-tape; my address is blah-bloo-blee.”
3. One you get the mailing address of the person you’re sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! This is the final Trade, so make it count. Remember that the theme of the Trade is ‘The End,’ so brainstorm an idea and get to work!
Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY THE END OF NOVEMBER. You should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two full weeks. If someone gets left out, I’ll feel personally responsible, so please don’t make an ass out of me, or I’ll publicly ostracize you here on the CDP.
4. If you’re having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact me immediately and I’ll sort it out. I’m pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it’s taking a ludicrous amount of time.
Of course, once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone’s packages. Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved.
5. I always mention this (and I’ll mention it again in your e-mail), but if you’re looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as uniting and awesome as the Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your mix. My mailing address is as follows:
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
Any mixes that make it to CDP Headquarters by the end of November might get a Christmas present from me. Simple as that! Send one my way!
You should be receiving your instructional e-mails by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner before THE END OF NOVEMBER!