After five previous Trades and nearly 125 different Mix-Tapes created by nearly 100 different people, the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade is making it’s triumphant return just in time for Autumn.
For those of you who are new to the Trade, or for the alumni in need of a reminder, the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade is a chance for CDP readers from all over the globe to not only create a Mix-Tape for each other, but to receive one as well. It breaks down like this:
1. If you want to be involved with the Trade, you can easily sign up by leaving me a comment or sending me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to leave me a name and an e-mail address!
2. The deadline to sign up is this Saturday, September 12 at 11pm Central Time, so don’t procrastinate, or you’ll miss out!
3. On Monday, September 14, I will draw and post a random partnering of everyone that signed up for the Trade, so you can not only see who you will be creating a Mix-Tape for, but also can see who will be creating one for you.
4. This is the fun part. You will then get to work on creating a Mix-Tape (or CD, most likely) that follows the set theme of this particular Trade (see below for theme). In tune, someone will start making one for you. I function as the middleman concerning all communications, such as sorting out mailing addresses and the like. Don’t be afraid to get a hold of me as the Trade rolls along if you have any questions.
5. When you’re done creating your (no doubt, fantastic) Mix, you’ll mail it off to the person that was drawn for you, and in tune, you’ll shortly receive a Mix in the mail as well. Mailing deadlines will be announced next Monday when we draw names; you’ll get around two full weeks.
6. As always, any Mix-Tapes that are sent my way will be acknowledged and reviewed right here on the CDP. Oh, and just for a little additional incentive to get on board, one random winner will be selected from the participants to win a FREE CDP COFFEE MUG!
Simple as that. Make a Mix, mail it out, and you’ll get one back. This is one of the more fun and reader-collaborated things that we do here on the CDP, and it’s always a blast and a chance for people to come out of their lurker shells and join the vocal masses.
Easy, tiger; let me explain. The theme of your Mix is actually a collection of six different ‘mini-mixes.’ Your Mix-Tape can consist of as many or as few of the following six Mix themes as you want. And the six themes are:
Theme #1 – ‘Crank It To 11.’
Synopsis – This theme will consist of songs that you cannot possibly play loud enough. The tracks that you always ‘crank to 11,’ so to speak.
Theme #2 – ‘Track #1.‘
Synopsis – This theme will consist of your favorite opening tracks to albums.
Theme #3 – ‘Guilty Pleasures.’
Synopsis – This theme will consist of tracks that you may not necessarily admit to listening to constantly when nobody else is around. Time to come clean, and turn others on to your guilty musical pleasures.
Theme #4 – ‘Parental Advisory.’
Synopsis – This theme will consist of tracks that are…not exactly for the little ones.
Theme #5 – ‘Live.‘
Synopsis – This theme will consist of your favorite live tracks. No tracks by the rock band Live will be allowed under any circumstances.
Theme #6 – ‘Closing Track.’
Synopsis – This theme will consist of your favorite final tracks to albums.
Ideally, I’d love to see a Mix-Tape that encompassed a little bit of all six themes, but if you’re sweeter on some than others, it’s fine to tilt the tables a little bit. My goal was to take a bunch of decent Mix-Tape ideas, and combine them all into something that was greater than the sum of its parts. I have nothing but faith that all of you will create a fantastic piece of art.
Let’s make the sixth CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade the biggest one ever. Sign up via comments or e-mail, remember to leave a name and e-mail address, and make sure that you do it by Saturday, September 12 at 11pm Central Time!
Thanks much. Sound off in the comments section, start brainstorming what your Six Degrees Mix will be, and enjoy your day.