Welcome to a Monday edition of the CDP Post Loaf; consisting of 5 real post parts, but not necessarily considered an actual post. Enjoy.
1. I finally got around to my Tire-Changing Drill last Thursday. As detailed in last week’s adventure, I was unable to help Sherry, my friend and new neighbor, when she was stuck with a flat tire. Vowing to never feel that worthless again, I staged a mock ‘blowout’ scenario in my garage, with Sherry and The Missus looking on. It was my opinion that if we all learned how to change a tire together, we would all learn something and grow that much more as adults.
The two ladies humored me and watched me struggle, knowing full well that they were never going to have to change a flat tire for as long as they were alive and pretty. Approximately 45 minutes later, I had cut my hand, blackened myself from the wrists down and messed my back up a little bit. But I did, however, learn a brand new skill. For those of you who already know how to change a tire, thank you for allowing me to catch up with you without making fun of me. I appreciate it; it was a pretty big day.
As I was driving to the office this morning, my tire flew off and into the Yahara River. It has not yet been located.
2. I finally got around to buying ABBA Gold last week.
Oh yeah? I am? Really?
Well, suck it. I do what I want.
3. At 5’9″ and 156 pounds, I’m very content with my height and weight as a man. My main focus now is to take this lump of clay and mold it into something awesome; hopefully with laser beams of some sort. I’m trying to pay closer attention to what I put into my body and why I’m putting it there. I’m slowly changing my body’s metabolism and hope to pack a little more muscle onto my Welterweight frame.
In trying to stay the course and keep my eyes on the prize, so to speak, I’ve created a few ‘Motivational’ posters for myself. Just little reminders I can hang on the fridge and cubicle that remind me that I’m trying to get into better shape. Here are a few of them for your viewing pleasure.
I keep this one on the freezer. Reminds me that I don’t need Ben & Jerry’s every night of the week.
I keep this one at work to remind me that I don’t need to go out for lunch every day. It’s expensive and counterproductive to my goals.
During a sprint on the treadmill last week, my heartrate was at 182BPM. For those of you how don’t know what that means, just take your car onto the highway and floor the gas pedal until the engine explodes. I was literally seconds away from full-blown cardiac arrest, and I didn’t even know it until I put my hands on the little heart rate reader thing. That’s not cool; I’m not in shape.
I’m never more depressed than when I break a promise to myself. This one reminds me of that.
Sometimes, all you need is a little positivity. This one greets me every time I get into my car.
On the other hand, sometimes you need a good, swift kick in the pants.
Okay, I’m really sorry about this one. Save the e-mail though, because you’re laughing your ass off right now. If you’re not, still… don’t send me e-mail. I feel really bad about it, seriously.
I really like how my hair was when these pictures were taken. Makes everything look all the more depressing and sad. You know, funny stuff! Don’t feel bad for me, though; I’m still smoking hot.
Again, sometimes all you need is a little affirmation to make your days a little brighter.
Other times…not as much. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
4. Do yourself a favor this week and check out Hot Fuzz. It’s hands-down the funniest movie of the year, and significantly more violent than 300. What more can you ask for?
5. We have yet to see if the CDP had made the finalists list for the 2007 Hugo Cup. As soon as I get any word, I’ll post an announcement. As you may or may not know, the 2007 Hugo Cup recognizes the best Lost-themed pages in the blogosphere. I think you win a trophy. The end.
Thanks for spending your Monday with the CDP. Sound off in the comments section, and enjoy the beautiful day.